Tuesday, December 13, 2011

BYU Football


For a couple of years now Lance, his brother and a group of friends have gotten season tickets for BYU football. This year when it came time to buy season tickets for the 2011 season, Lance took a daring move and bought me a BYU football season pass as well. At the time, we hadn't been dating very long, so he took a risk that we would still be together come football season, and in the end it was a good risk. Whats funny is he didn't even tell me he was buying me tickets; he bought them and then told me, it was a nice little surprise. 

I had been to some BYU football games throughout my school years at BYU but I never stayed past the 3rd quarter, because of the weather, or I just got bored and didn't really care much. Well all that would change for this seasons games. A little known fact about my husband and the group we went with is that they don't leave early for anything. Not for weather, not if they're losing by 100 points, nothing will cause these men to leave these games early. So I am proud to say that for the first time I stayed for a whole BYU football game, and it wasn't just one football game but all 7 home games. 


The first BYU game this season was in Mississippi against Ole Miss. Lance got invited by his brother to go to this game with him and his friends, and I just couldn't tell him no--he was too excited. They were gone for 3 days and Lance fell in love with Mississippi and the South in general. Plus BYU won the game so that made the trip that much better.




Lance and the guys had so much fun at the game they are starting to plan next years trip. They are thinking of going to the Notre Dame game (I believe), and they even said they'll bring the wives this time, that'll be fun. 

Tailgating before the game against University of Utah



I didn't know I was going to be the only girl at this tailgate, but it was still fun.


First home game against U of  U
Unfortunately that was a pretty depressing game

The stadium was packed


There were a couple of games that started around 7 or 8pm and it got a little chilly



Don't they look excited to be there
Lance's cousin Eric and brother-in-law Gabe

It was nice to have my sister-in-law Megan and cute nephew Ben at the games

This was one of the games that started at 8pm and got so cold as the night went on
The temperature dropped to a low of 28 degrees....


But we stayed the whole game.... and survived (barely)



I can honestly say I enjoyed going to the football games! It was so fun to be at the games with Lance and all the other people in our group. 

Until next year!








3 comments:

  1. This story warms my heart. Welcome to the avid BYU-fan fold, Brittney. We have fun, even when it's late and freezing or we're losing to Utah by 44.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still feel bad about leaving you alone at the tailgate. I know what it is like to be the only girl there. I probably would not describe it as "still fun."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittney - you are a brick! The guys BETTER take the wives to Notre Dame!

    ReplyDelete