Friday, March 1, 2013

Baby showers

To say we got a lot of baby stuff from family and friends is an understatement! We were spoiled rotten with the amount of gifts we received for our little bundle of joy.

The first shower I had my mom through for me while we were down in Arizona over the Christmas holiday. We weren't sure how many people would show because it was during Christmas break, but we had a good turn out and we got a lot of cute things. People who couldn't make the shower still brought over gifts to my mom to bring up to me when I had the baby, which was very sweet of them.



One awesome baby gift I wasn't expecting came from my wonderful mother and sister-in-law. Apparently they had schemed up a plan to decorate our babies room while we were gone in Arizona over Christmas. This was a complete shock to come home and see his room all done and decorated. I had been stressing about getting things organized and ready in that room and it was such a weight off my shoulders to have it all done, plus it looks a lot cuter then what I would've came up with. :) 








The next little shower I had was one my work put on for me. I had been working as a physical therapy aide at this little therapy office down in a small town called Santaquin for over 3 years and had loved every minute of it, making it hard to quit once the baby came. Working with such amazing people they through me a baby shower/goodbye party. 

We ordered in Zupa's for lunch and then had my favorite cake, store bought vanilla with vanilla frosting. :)



On the right is the gift my boss got for me. He was very excited to give it to me, he was showing every patient this pacifier for like a week before the party. The pacifier is a little big, we'll have to wait till he grows into it a little more. I also received a baby blanket and burp clothes, baby clothes and other baby essentials from my other co-workers. After we ate we set up the Wii and played just dance. Now in our office there is another pregnant lady and we'll just say the two pregnant ladies got the high score on the game. :) To bad nobody caught it on tape. I am so blessed to have worked at such a great office with such amazing people for as long as I did!

The next wonderful shower was thrown by Lance's work. At his work there is an employee who is pregnant and a guy who's wife just had a baby, so they through one big party for all three of us. They took the whole office out to lunch at Magleby's Fresh and then gave all of us money trees and a minky blanket and burp cloth!


They folded the money into hearts, very cute!


It was very sweet and thoughtful of his work to put this together for us!

The last shower I received was thrown by my wonderful aunt Karen and cousin Mallory. They were so sweet to put this together for me. They through the shower the weekend before my due date and my mom was planning on coming up for the birth and to help me out after, so it was nice that she was able to come up a little early and be at the shower with me.



The very cute refreshment table.
(Sorry it's a little dark)

























My amazing sister-in-law Megan






I have such a wonderful extended family! So many of them came to my shower and supported me and spoiled me with gifts. 

A big thanks goes to this beautiful, lovely cousin of mine who helped throw me this shower!
Love you so much Mallory!

Like I said earlier, we were spoiled rotten with baby stuff! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who gave us stuff and supports us in every way!

Thanks to everyone!!!

P.S. the birth story is coming soon. It's going to be quite long so it's taking some time to compile it. :)



1 comment:

  1. Hooray for baby posts! Can't wait for the whole baby story. I'm so glad you were spoiled--you totally deserve it, you gorgeous new mama!

    ReplyDelete