Friday, December 27, 2013

Our little BYU fan

It was that time of year again, BYU football season. We weren't sure if we should get season tickets again because this time we'd have Nixon and we didn't know if he would be as big of a fan as his parents are.
Well we decided to go ahead and get the tickets and see how it goes.

He's drawn into the game
No better way to watch the game
Ready for the first home game

 The first home game of the season was hit with a massive rain storm! As we were driving to the game there was no rain in sight, until we got to the stadium. We were waiting to get into the parking lot and the storm hit, and it hit hard! Luckily we were in our car at the time because there were some unfortunate souls who were outside when the storm hit and it did not look pretty.

The clouds before the storm
This was during the rain storm. While we were in our car the rain and wind were coming so hard it actually moved some of the barricades that were along the side of the road and hit our car.

A lot of tree branches flew off the trees because of the strong wind
 We waited a good 45 min in our car trying to get in the parking lot, which I didn't mind so much because I was warm and dry! Once we made it into the parking lot We then had to wait another hour in our car for the rain to stop because they had delayed the game because of the storm! This wasn't the ideal first home game especially since we had Nixon. Luckily he took his nap while we had to wait in the car for the game to start.

They finally announced it was safe enough to start the game, so we bundled Nixon up the best we could and headed for the stadium.
As you can tell by what I am wearing I wasn't expecting this big storm. :)
 A funny story- after waiting in our car for a total of almost 2 hours you can guess both Lance and I had to use the restroom once we got into the stadium. As usual there was a line for the women's bathroom, so we agreed I would stand in my line while Lance went to the restroom first. We both thought he should be back in time before I make it to the front of the women's line, So Lance piles me up with all  the stuff he was carrying (mind you I was already carrying Nixon and the diaper bag) and I wait in line.

As time goes on, I keep getting closer and closer to the front of the line and Lance is nowhere in sight. There was a nice older lady in front of me who offered to hold Nixon while I went. I told her my husband should be coming back soon but if he doesn't make it she could hold him. She didn't look like a person that would steal a baby so I felt ok with that decision. There were a few other nice ladies who noticed me carrying my baby and all this stuff and nicely offered to hold Nixon too.

It came time that I was next in line for a bathroom stall and Lance had never made it back, so It looked like I was going to give my baby to the lady in front of me. Luckily the next stall that became available was the handicap stall with a baby changing table! The lady in front of me had already gone in a stall so I told the lady behind me to tell that lady I was able to get the stall with the changing table so I didn't need her help.

I laid Nixon down on the changing table, strapped him in and that was that.


Lucky for us once we got into the stadium the rain had pretty much stopped.


Munching on a potato chip bag

Nixon is loving his first BYU game

The rain would pick up a little throughout the game. We had a grocery bag that we tried wrapping around Nixon, but he didn't like that idea and ripped the bag.


Nixon did really well during the game! He liked looking at all the people and seemed to not mind all the loud noises, except...

When he was trying to sleep! The games usually fell during one nap so he would have a hard time trying to fall asleep with all the noises and not being in his nice warm crib.

 He would only sleep for about a half hour but that was enough to keep him happy the rest of the game.



He survived (and enjoyed) his first BYU game!

Getting ready for another BYU home game.
This time we were smarter and made sure to bundle him up more.
We didn't have gloves for him so we put some of his fuzzy socks on his hands. He was mesmerized and confused on what was on his hands.

Little BYU baby body cover


My BYU boys




Go cougars!

Lets get this game started!


All bundled up. doesn't he look so cute in that hat! :)

We would usually have to take him below the stadium to try and get him to take his nap. He wasn't always cooperative on taking the nap.


We only ended up taking Nixon to 2 or 3 home games because most of the home games were late night games, so Lance's mom was so sweet and watched Nixon for us while we went. 

Now that we know Nixon is such a BYU fan like his parents, I'm sure we'll be back next season.
I love my little BYU fan!


2 comments:

  1. You are dedicated fans, my goodness! I don't think I'd ever be nice enough to take my kids to a game unless they could sit quietly and cheer at the appropriate times! I love the picture of him checking out his sock mittens!

    ReplyDelete