Monday, August 25, 2014

Swimming Lessons

This summer I decided I wanted to put Nixon into swimming lessons, especially since he loves being in the water. I signed up for the parent/tot class and was excited for the 4x a week, half hour class with my little swimmer.
First day of swim lessons
The first day was a success. His face may not show it but he had a lot of fun.
He's going to be the next Michael Phelps (
predicted by his mom :)

going shirtless
(poor guy got his fair skin from both his dad and I)

He was the cool dude at the swimming pool with his sunglasses on.
Mr. cool

Practicing his kicking



They didn't teach the 4 swim strokes in the parent/tot class like I had hoped but Nixon did master his kicking skills, holding and walking along the wall with his hands, and jumping in. We still need to work on his backstroke and blowing bubbles (instead of drinking the water) but he's a quick learner.

Now here are just some cute pictures of Nixon enjoying different water activities. :)

We live really close to this cool little splash pad and Nixon loves it!


 there's a cool fountain at the splash pad that he's still working up the courage to run through.

I've been debating whether to get Nixon a little kiddie pool, but he seems to be enjoying my home made pool just fine. :)

I love my cute little swimmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment