Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Boy



This past weekend (Friday April 20th) was my dear, sweet husbands birthday. He turned the big 2-6 and I wanted to do something special for him because he works so hard and desires at least one day to be spoiled. The day of being spoiled started off with his favorite breakfast; waffles, eggs, hash browns and can't forget the bacon. I had to leave early for work (6:30am) and I knew Lance wouldn't be getting up for work till 7:30, so I made the breakfast and set the oven to warm and let it sit in there till he woke up. I was worried the food wouldn't taste good having sat in the oven for an hour or he wouldn't see my note that breakfast was in the oven and leave it in there with the oven on all day! Luckily he did see my note and the breakfast he said was delicious.

The next little surprise I left for him was a 12 pack of Mountain Dew. Working 40 hours a week with 17 school credit hours, it helps to have a little caffeine in his day and Mountain Dew is his caffeine of choice. Then the last little surprise I had for him that morning was a bag of white powdered doughnuts and some chocolate milk. Last years birthday was the first birthday of his we celebrated together, and on the morning of his birthday I woke up bright and early and went and bought him some krispy kreme doughnuts and chocolate milk. I thought it would be cute to keep that tradition going this year, replacing the early morning run to krispy kreme with a bought the day before bag of white powdered doughnuts. 


We didn't see each other till that night after we both got off work. I had another surprise for him that I had been thinking of doing a month before his birthday. While Lance was on his mission him and his companions would go to this restaurant called Buffalo Wild Wings, and ever since they opened a new Buffalo Wild Wings in Lehi Lance has been wanting to go. So I thought it would be fun to throw a little surprise party with his friends and family at Buffalo Wild Wings. I sent a message to all his friends, especially the mission companions, and family telling them about my idea and hoped that they could make it. Well little did I know the same night/weekend of Lance's birthday was the same time as BYU graduation. So unfortunately only one of Lance's friend was able to make the party, but it was his best friend Joel so it was nice to have him and his wife Cindy there. Lance's parents and brother Ross and sister-in-law Megan ( and their two very cute kids) were also able to make it. We were sad that the distant siblings and their cute families weren't there (Granata's and Yearsley's).



How the surprise went... I had told Lance that I wanted to take him somewhere on his birthday and that we would be leaving around 6:40pm. I have a wonderful mother-in-law who went to the restaurant at 6:30 to make sure our name was on the waiting list and that everyone was seated for when me and Lance would arrive. I had told my mother-in-law Kathy that we should be arriving at the restaurant around 7, that was with hope that the traffic wasn't bad. Well of course the traffic was bad, living in Utah this long I should've known that every street, freeway on-ramp, free-way exit would be closed, blocked, and merging lanes because of construction. 
       Lance and I left our apartment around 6:45 so we were already not off to a good start, and when I'm in a hurry I can get pretty impatient and have somewhat of a lead foot which again does not go well with Utah construction. So 7:00 rolls around and we haven't even made it onto the freeway because the on-ramp I had planned to take was closed so we had to take a different, slower route. We finally after about 10 minutes of waiting got on the freeway and hurried to the restaurant. This whole time I'm  feeling awful for making Lance's family and friends wait so long for us.
   As we get closer to the restaurant I made the dumb mistake of asking Lance if he knew where we were going. He had been asking questions along the drive like if there will be Mountain Dew there because he was so tired from work and needed some caffeine, and if there will be food because he was so hungry. My responses to these questions were yes, so he had figured it was a restaurant I was taking him to. As we pulled off the freeway he guesses Buffalo Wild Wings and so under my breath I agreed that yes thats where we were going. I thought why I had to ask that question and kicked myself because I ruined that first part of the surprise for him. I also had debated on blind folding him during the car ride and I wish I had.


We enter the restaurant and I see his family and grabbed Lance's hand and walked straight in towards them. As we approached the table everyone said Happy Birthday to Lance, he was surprised. Lance later on said he was a bit confused on where I was going when I just grabbed his hand and started walking right in to sit down.







After we ate we all went over to Lance's parents house to have cake and ice cream.

A big thanks goes out to Kathy for getting the cake and ice cream!

Loving every bite

This is how much left over cake we brought home, it might not look like much but if you
look at how tall this cake is it's a lot of cake


After the delicious cake and ice cream, we got home and I gave Lance his actual present, which was an armband that he can put his Iphone into while he's at the gym so he doesn't have to hold it.




The armband barely fits around his muscle ;)

I had also gotten him some much needed garments but a picture wasn't needed for that present.

It was so fun spoiling Lance all day, he works so hard going to school and working so much to provide for us that he deserved a day of being spoiled. I love him so much and can't wait to spoil him on many more birthdays!




3 comments:

  1. Brittney - I don't know what Lance did to deserve you - but I am glad he did it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are over-the-top awesome, Brittney. Ditto to my mom's comment. Lance is one seriously lucky guy. I wish we could have come to the surprise party, though. So cute that you pulled it off.

    (Nice picture of the flexing muscle, there, Lancer Pants. And what? No picture in the new 'unmentionables?') Probably wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks, you girls sure know how to make me feel good :)

    ReplyDelete