Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Finally an update

I realize it has been quite some time since my last post and to those few avid followers of ours I do apologize. I am a procrastinator and that is a big part of why there hasn't been an update in a while. I delay updating the blog so that by the time I think about updating I've got 5-6 updates that happened months ago and I've forgotten a lot of the detail. So my goal for this year is to cure (or at least really work on) my procrastination. With that being said from this day forth I promise to do my best to keep up on our blog.(As a reference see "The Yearsley's Half Hearted Blog")-Note added by Lance


Our most recent event was a wonderful birthday party that my sister-in-law Megan put on for her little boy Ben. He turned two and is in love with trains (specifically Thomas the train), so the theme of the party was trains.

Cute birthday boy wearing his Thomas the Train shirt and eating ice



Ben loves his Uncle Lance


Megan made a cute train out of these aluminum tin things and filled them with different treats (very creative)


Megan also made this very cute and creative train out of cupcakes!

He's going to be such a great dad someday :)


Cute baby Clara! I just love her to death it's making me pretty baby hungry :)
We all gathered at Ross and Megan's house for some lunch and then took the party over to the park to have cake and ice cream and open presents. Luckily it was a nice sunny day (minus the wind). 

Cute Ben waiting patiently to blow out his candles, which unfortunately he wasn't able to do because
it was too windy and the wind kept blowing out the flame.

Sorry its not the best picture, I took the picture of the picture off Megan's camera :)

We got Ben all things Thomas so lets hope he doesn't grow out of this
Thomas the Train phase soon







It was a very fun party that Ross and Megan put on for Ben. I've noticed that I've married into a family with sister-in-laws who are very creative party throwers, so I've got my work cut out for me when we have kids. :)
After the party was over at the park Lance and I went back to Ross and Megan's to finish watching conference and just hangout.


The boys just hanging out

Worn out from the fun party

That night was the priesthood session of conference so while Lance, Ross and their cousin Eric went to priesthood with their dad, the girls all hung out at my mother-in-law Kathy's house. It was a lot of fun hanging out with the girls especially my sister-in-law Lindy and her 5 cute girls who came down from Idaho for the weekend.

The time came to head home and Eric needed a ride back to Ross's to get his car. As we got off the freeway we hit a stop light and right as the light turned green the front tire of the care in front of us just popped off and went rolling down the road. So being the wonderful men that Lance and Eric are they both jumped out of the car without hesitation to help this guy.




It was great watching Lance and Eric help this guy out, especially since they were both in white shirts and ties :) I'm so grateful to have a wonderful, loving, caring husband who would help anyone at anytime who was in need.

3 comments:

  1. This post is making me homesick! So glad you put up so many pictures--and for the record, I've never made a single balloon arch for any of my kids. Megan is outdoing us all! And with a newborn as well? Geesh!
    Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this update. Those cupcakes are looking so nice. I am just in love with these details. I also would be hosting a grand bash for my husband’s birthday. It will be hosted at one of the rental venues in Los Angeles and the theme is not decided. I wonder if you can share some themes for a man that acts so serious all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A business has posted a spam comment to this blog post. The link in the comment goes to a website that submits over 100 comments per day to blogspot sites with a link to their site as an opportunity to make their site look more popular to search engines like google. If you read the comment and look at the link they inserted, you will notice it is not helpful to your readers and it doesn't even make sense to be linked other than for their own business needs. If you would like to mark it as spam to prevent them from using you, follow the instructions here: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/187141?hl=en

    ReplyDelete