Friday, June 8, 2012

What we've been up to......

Here are some things we've been up to lately.

Lance had surprised me with the idea of going on a walk when I got home one Monday evening. I was very excited at the thought. We decided to walk to the 7 eleven fairly close to our house and get slurpees.


While on our walk I kept pointing out flowers that I thought were pretty,
that's why I am standing next to this flower holding my slurpee. :)

In motion shot

These are some delicious pulled pork tacos that we like to make. Not only are they delicious, but we get to use our Mexican dishes we bought on our honeymoon when we make them.



This was my first attempt at making peach cobbler. Lance had been craving it for quite some time
so I thought I'd give it a shot. Now I know It doesn't look how peach cobbler might normally but it turned out to be pretty good.



Laying out by the pool on my day off. You can see the sun beaming off my pale white skin.




We love going to IN-N-OUT! Maybe a little too much.







YUM!!


We went a saw Lance's brother's new house. When we got there Lance and his brother Ross saw a garden snake and wanted to catch it.

The snake kept going back into its hole, but Lance and Ross waited patiently.

Finally Lance caught it. They just let the snack go after they took the picture, and apparently there was more than one. Poor Megan has to walk around her backyard knowing snakes are back there. Yuck!




These are the sinks in Ross and Megan's bathrooms. Aren't they so cool! I love the color of the bowl in the top picture and I love the faucet in the bottom picture. I think it would be cool to have a bathroom with a sink bowl like one of these in our house someday.





Isn't he just the cutest thing you have ever seen! He's got a corn dog in one hand and a string cheese in the other.




Playing trains with Ben.



My sister-in-law Megan and I went to Tai Pan Trading while the boys worked on stuff around the house. There were so many cute things in there! I wanted to buy a house just so I could decorate it with all that cute stuff. I soon realized in order to decorate my house I would need money, and sadly we don't have much of that. I'll start saving my pennies though.

This kid knows how to work an Iphone better then I do. (He's holding an Iphone in the picture).

Later that night we went to a one year olds birthday party. The party was for Lance's friend Joel's son Orin.


Can you believe this kid is only 1 year old!  He's quite big for his age.

Love this guy!!


We've really started getting into selling stuff online that we don't need or want anymore. It's a nice way to make a little extra cash. Lance put his Ipod touch online and it sold that same day. We made quite the profit off that nice piece of technology. We have also sold 3 of Lance's old school books, but we're still waiting for that payment to come in.




The other day when Lance got home from work we were eating dinner and he said, "if you eat your dinner quickly I will give you a surprise". So of course I ate my dinner as quick as I could and waited for the surprise.

He told me to get my shoes on and go get in the car. I was instructed to close my eyes and keep them closed until I was told otherwise. It's a weird feeling to close your eyes while in a car if your not intending to go to sleep.


I tried to navigate in my head as he drove where we might be going. He asked me a few times if I knew where we were and I had a guess but never was right.

We ended up at Article Circle to get ice cream blizzards! I was surprised and so excited. I love getting ice cream, especially blizzards. I had no idea this was his surprise because we already had ice cream in the fridge, it was a week day and we had already gone over our budget for fast food that month. :) Lance is just that sweet though, always thinking of things that will make me happy.

Trying to recapture the surprised look I had on my face when I first opened my eyes and realized where we were.
However, this is not my best (recapturing the moment) surprised facial expression.



Lance's class work is actually taking up more of his "free" time than we thought, but that has made this "TV fast" so much greater because of the things we are doing together with our time. Can't wait for everything else this summer has to offer!








2 comments:

  1. You're making my mouth water with all this deliciousness! I love that you two are spending so much time together, and documenting it all. I wish I had more captured memories of our newlywed days.

    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I am glad that Lance is behaving himself and treating you right!

    ReplyDelete