Thursday, January 3, 2013

Third and final Trimester!

I figured it was time for a pregnancy update. As I write this post I am currently 34 weeks pregnant! I can't believe how much time flies. It seems like yesterday Lance and I found out we were expecting. This third trimester has been going well for me, thank goodness. I am still working and hope to work until the end of January (I'm due Feb 14th). I still have a good amount of energy while I'm at work but once I get home I about crash because I am so tired and worn out. I'm noticing as the days go on I am getting more and more tired and have to sit down and relax more often, which I don't mind doing. :)

When I entered my third trimester I had to do a glucose test to see if I had gestational diabetes. I was nervous I would fail the test because I read there can be a lot of false positives saying you do have it. If that happens then you have to go back to the doctors and take the test again, but instead of it being an hour the test is 3 hours long! Luckily I passed and I don't have gestational diabetes.

This is the sugary drink they gave me. I had heard some women throw up after drinking this
because it's basically pure sugar. I had no problem with that and found it to be quite delicious.
Some changes I've noticed thus far during this third trimester:

1.) As my stomach has gotten bigger sleeping isn't as restful as it once was. For some reason my baby loves the right side of my body, so any time I lay on my right side his whole body shifts to that side. Which causes him to lay on my organs and nerves on that side, not to comfortable. I also can't lay on my back, for one I'm not supposed to and two it's not that comfortable anymore. This bums me out because I love laying on my back. So the only side I am left to sleep on comfortably is my left. Sometimes my left side needs a break so I toss and turn throughout the night from my left side, to my right, to my back and so on.

2.) Since entering the third trimester I have really felt my baby move. It is one of the coolest feelings! I love that Lance can now feel the baby kick and not have to look at me to confirm if it was the baby or not. Also instead of just kicks I can feel actual limbs moving around, which is a weird but cool feeling. The only complaint is he likes to stick his feet up into my ribs, so that's not always very comfortable. I'm getting closer to my due date so when I push on my stomach now I can feel these hard lumps which is some body part of my baby. I don't know what body part I'm touching but it's so cool to feel those body parts in my stomach.

3.) I've been lucky and still haven't swollen up anywhere. My ankles get a little swollen if I'm on them a lot or I get really warm but overall no lasting swelling. I realize I still have a month to go and this last month is probably the most likely time that I could swell.

4.) I finally bought some maternity jeans. I debated for a while if I could get away with using my normal jeans with a hair tie around the button. I soon realized I wouldn't be able to pull that off throughout the remainder of my pregnancy plus I wanted to be comfortable. Lucky for me I had received a gift card to a maternity store from my brother and sister-in-law. I am so glad I bought maternity jeans, they are very comfortable and will be great to wear right after I have the baby as well.

5.) I continue to get more uncomfortable as I get bigger. Some days I hardly feel pregnant, other days I feel so big and can't get comfortable in any position. Even sitting on the couch can be uncomfortable because everything gets pushed up towards my ribs. I don't feel like I am waddling yet but my mom when she saw me over christmas said I'm starting to waddle a little.

With all these things I'm dealing with it has been a great experience to go through. To think I'm growing a human being inside of me who is going to have the features of Lance and I is such an amazing thing!

As my due date continues to get closer so many thoughts go through my mind. I'm so excited to meet our little guy but also so nervous and a little scared at what all comes with having a baby. I'm grateful to have family and friends who are so willing and ready to help us out once our boy gets here.

Here is the progress of my pregnancy starting at week 16. I decided to take a pregnancy picture every 2 weeks.



Weeks 16 & 18
Weeks 22 & 24
(I'm not sure what happened to week 20)
Weeks 26 & 28
Weeks 30 & 32

This little boy is going to be here in no time and we couldn't be more excited!

2 comments:

  1. i just love this... i could literally feel my belly move as i was reading about how your little boys kicks everywhere... made me feel warm and fuzzy inside... love you so much and have fun this last month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I'm still not convinced there's even anything in you, Brittney! My goodness, you do pregnancy well.

    You look happy and glowing and I love your enthusiasm. You're going to be the most incredible mother. That's a very lucky little boy. I just love him already.

    ReplyDelete