Wednesday, September 4, 2013

6 Months old already!

I'm still trying to process that my little guy is 6 months (and a few weeks) old!! He's at the fun age now where he's starting to recognize people and interact a lot more. People are always saying what a happy baby he is and it's so true. I love how happy and smiley he is.

Here's some updates

He loves going for walks. 






He's definitely going to be a boy who loves to wrestle with his dad.










There seem to be a few specific things you can give him when he's not happy that will turn his frown upside down.

1. water bottle




2. Bags or paper





3. wipes




He's on the verge of crawling! He can get on his hands and knees and pull one leg in but he hasn't figured out how to move both arms and legs at the same time, though his method still gets him around.
I'm excited for him to crawl but at the same time he's already able to get into stuff he shouldn't just by dragging himself across the room. 

I can only imagine the fun thats about to come when he can officially crawl.





He's mastered sitting up. 






Few pictures when he was first learning to sit up


Doing a little meditation  






He loves watching cars drive by.







He knows his name and responds to it.

He is now big enough to sit in the grocery cart. He's still a little wobbly so I usually bring a thick blanket or something to wrap around him and the seat belt. 


He likes to be thrown in the air. It's funny to watch when Lance throws him in the air because he'll either put his hands over his eyes or behind his head.



having fun with Uncle Zac 


He is quite the planker. Maybe this is a normal position kids his age try, but I'm always impressed when he does this.



He loves to stand


look mom no hands


He even pulled himself up in his crib. 

I think it's time we lower the mattress.

He LOVES to eat and knows when a bottle is coming.




He can guide the bottle to his mouth...
and hold it himself

 I love how he reacts when you give him the bottle

He got his first bloody lip :(

I felt like the worst mother when this happened. He was sitting on the bed and was placed a little to close to the edge when his head caught some gravity and pulled the rest of his body with it. Lance is the one who got him and said he was lying face down next to the bed. So Sad!

He had a good cry but he was actually pretty tough about it.


Yes that red stuff is blood on his face :/
The cut kept opening throughout the day so his mouth kept bleeding off and on

He's a pretty tough kid

He has a new noise he likes to make with his mouth.

Sorry the videos a little dark

He loves playing peek-a-boo or where's Nixon.



Loves to splash in the tube.




He had his 6 month check up and the doctor was very impressed at how he's growing and the skills he's already developing. Thats my boy :)


6 Month photo shoot




Gone are the days he'll just sit peacefully while I take these pictures



are we done yet mom?


I love my little guy! I'm so blessed to be able to stay home with him and watch him grow day after day. I wish he could stay this small and cute forever, but I know he'll be graduating high school before I know it. So I'll treasure these moments with him while I can.



















No comments:

Post a Comment