Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pioneer Day Festivities

I realize Pioneer day was over a month ago but I'm a little behind and playing catch up, so bear with me.

I have always been one who enjoys a good festival, carnival, random tent shops, etc., especially when these festival type things are thrown during holidays. I knew Utah would have plenty of festivities to do on Pioneer Day and I wanted to take advantage of that. I thought it would be fun to check out the Days of 47 family festival they had going on up in Salt Lake. Nixon is still too little to really enjoy any of the festivities, but lucky for us my two sister-in-laws, with a combined total of 7 kids, and mother-in-law gladly said they'd join us.


Lance was the only husband that could join in on the festival fun.
we probably looked like the sister wives walking down the street :)

I've learned to change a diaper in many different places,
one of the perks of motherhood
It was very hot on this day and I had put one to many layers on Nixon, Poor guy.


Luckily I had a pair of shorts in my bag. So we stripped him down to a onesie, shorts and hat. 


The people who put on this festival were smart to find a spot that had a lot of giant trees that could provide shade 


Some of the crew: Grandma Kathy with the beautiful Alisa, Maria,
and handsome Isaac

More of the crew: beautiful Megan with darling Ben and Clara
Grandma Kathy's motto for the day was: Whatever the kids wanted, the kids could have it :) The first thing on the list was face painting. I was very impressed at how good it turned out.


Lance stepping out of the normal point and shoot straight on kind
of photo


Another creative picture angle by Lance

Letting Nixon try some snow cone

He didn't like the initial cold sensation but he did enjoy the sweet after taste flavor of Watermelon

Took a break to eat some delicious Indian Fry bread and some fried Oreo's, Yum!

Candid moment
One of the coolest things they had at the festival (for kids) was this Home Depot tent. There were I believe 3 or 4 different things you could choose from to build. Lance was sweet and helped Isaac make a helicopter.



All the kiddos building stuff

Another beautiful sister-in-law, Sarah and her adorable little man Nathan

I dont know if Adam realized how tall the tree actually was until he started climbing 






The Days of 47 festival turned out to be a lot of fun. I don't know if it would have been AS fun if Lance and I just went, so we are glad the rest of the family could come. I feel this could be a Pioneer day tradition. :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment