Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Beautiful Wedding



Almost one month ago--- Oct. 12th to be exact--- my little sister got married! It was crazy because the last wedding I was really involved in was my own and that was over a year ago.

The day started off at a luncheon the grooms side put together at this old church building up in Salt Lake. This building was built around 1850 I believe. 



I love old buildings like this one that still have a lot of their original workmanship and everything. This church had a balcony in the chapel area and a lot of detailed carvings on the pulpit and walls, along with other things you don't see in LDS churches today.



The building on the right is where the luncheon was held. We’re not sure if that was originally built with the church or if it was added later on. We think that side was used for social events.


The cute couple




Some of the brides maids


It was a really great luncheon. We got to meet my sister’s husbands family for the first time (they live in Colorado) and found them all to be great people.



The next thing on the agenda was the actual sealing! I was really excited to be able to be there in the temple to witness this. This was the first sealing I had been to since my own and it was such a great experience just being in the audience. I love the feeling you get when you are in the temple, and then to be there to witness your own sibling being sealed makes that feeling that much better!

My sister got married in the Salt Lake temple like I did and it was nice to reflect back and have those memories go through my head of when Lance and I got married. I remember coming up the stairs and walking out the doors to see our family and friends. This time I was on the other side of the doors looking in, waiting for the happy couple to walk out.



This is my favorite picture :)

These two little girls are her husbands niece and our little cousin Hadlee. They both thought Chelsie looked like a princess, and I agree.


It had been raining off and on all day and we were all nervous it would rain while we were trying to take pictures. Luckily we only got a little drizzle during the picture taking but it was when we were finishing up.








Still a happy, cute couple



This is around the time it started to rain a little on us.

Next came the reception at this really pretty reception hall. There was a dressing room specifically for the bride’s maids and bride to get ready before the reception. I found that to be quite cool.









It’s still sinking in that my baby sister is married. I can already tell this is how I’ll feel when my brothers get married too. I am so happy for my sister though, she has patiently been waiting for this day and I’m so glad she found a guy that treats her like the queen she is!


The next day my family got to go with Lance and I to a BYU football game. The game was an afternoon game so Lance’s brother and some of his friends put together a tailgate party that they so graciously let us join in on.


During the tailgate two things go on; eating and playing this game called corn hole. For some reason No pictures were taken of us playing but we got a picture when the BYU cheerleader’s came over to throw the corn hole bags.



It was a beautiful day, weather wise, not so much when it came to the game. The game was still fun to be at and it was great having my family there with us.

We slacked when it came to capturing our Saturday adventures but Lance was good and at least got these pictures of my family preparing for bed at our apartment.


Nice and cozy
It was a great weekend seeing my sister get married and getting to be with my family for a few days!












No comments:

Post a Comment