Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's birthday time

Another year has flown by and I am now even closer to 30, 26 to be exact. I'm not implying that 30 is old, it's just crazy for me to think that I am getting closer to that age! I'll probably feel this way as I approach every decade mark. Another crazy, but wonderful, thing for me to think about on this birthday is that this was my last birthday before kids enter our lives. Again it's a crazy but wonderful thought to think about.

My birthday fell on a Thursday this year and lucky me I didn't have to go to work on that day. It was great getting to sleep in as late as I wanted and not feel bad that I wasn't already up doing house work or something. However, I wasn't to thrilled to see this as I opened our window and looked outside....


I realize it's not inches upon inches of snow, but any snow for an Arizona girl isn't a pleasant sight. It just reminds me that more snow is on its way.

I woke up to these notes hanging everywhere in our house.


Lance did a similar thing last year for my birthday but this year the notes said, "Happy Birthday my sweet pregnant wife", which was very cute and I loved seeing the words sweet pregnant wife. I continued to find these notes throughout the day in places he knew I'd go to. The funny thing was he put a note in the dishwasher and one in the laundry basket, guessing or maybe assuming I would be doing house work on my birthday. Well he guessed right, I did do house work and it was great to see those notes as I did. Another cute thing he did was before he left for work that morning he cleaned all the dishes that were in the sink by hand. Very sweet of him.

Lance had to work all day and had school that night so we didn't get to do anything till he got home later that night.
When he got home he walked in with these beautiful pink flowers. I loved them!



He also got stuff to make our favorite dessert called Pizookie's. It's cookie dough that's cooked to the point that its almost done, still a little doughy, then you put ice cream on top. It's delicious! On top of that he went to Redbox and picked out a lovey dovey chick flick for us to watch. He knows I enjoy those kinds of movies and the main thing I wanted to do on my birthday was to relax and watch a movie together. Since he's in school we don't get many nights where we can do that.
It was so sweet and thoughtful of him to get all that stuff for me!

We decided to go to dinner at Tucanos, which is this really good Brazilian restaurant. It's pretty expensive so we only go for birthday's because if you join their birthday club you get a birthday card for a free meal.


It started to snow again while we were eating dinner.


They had these nice fire pits outside the restaurant.

I didn't realize my hands were that close to the fire.


It was freezing when we walked back to our car. We really don't like winter weather!

After dinner I got to open the gifts Lance bought me.

Lance wanted to capture how excited I was...

still excited 


First gift was a BYU shirt. I have a BYU shirt that I wear to every BYU game but it's kind of big and
I got the shirt when I graduated BYU so it says BYU Alumni on it. Lance felt I needed a more girly BYU shirt that didn't say Alumni on it, and I agree. So I was actually very excited to get this shirt. 


The other gift I got (it's hard to see) is a gift certificate to Babies 'R' Us. I was very excited for this gift because ever since we found out I was pregnant I love looking at baby clothes and all things baby, especially now that we know we're having a boy. Lance did a great job on my gifts, especially since I didn't give him many ideas on what to get me.

We were too full from dinner to make our pizookie's so for the rest of the night we just watched the movie Lance got.

The Saturday following my birthday my mother-in-law Kathy put together a little birthday dinner party. The party was planned to start at 5pm but Lance and I went over earlier so we could watch the BYU game and for me to make some jewelry.


There are so many beads that making something can be a little overwhelming. All
those bracelets you see on the table weren't made by me but by my very talented mother-in-law. She has perfected the art of jewelry making!



For dinner Kathy made one of my favorite meals; pot roast with mashed potatoes and salad! It was a very delicious meal! It was very sweet of her to make it for me.



After came cake and ice cream! The cake was a yummy red velvet kind and then plenty of different options of ice cream.







A little blurry but it was the only picture we got Ben to look at the camera (sort of).

The cake and ice cream were too good to look away from for even a second I guess.
Clara cooperated better, even though she doesn't look to thrilled about having
her picture taken.
The wonderful family that came to the party.

My belly is starting to poke out. It's a little hard to tell because we kind of blend together again,
but I promise you there is a baby bump there. :)

I had a great birthday this year and am grateful for all the family and friends who made it a special day for me, especially my sweet and loving husband! Can't wait till next years birthday when we'll have our little guy to add in on the birthday pictures. :)









1 comment:

  1. What a birthday! And you actually FIT in your shirt being pregnant, and all?! Just stop it, will you?!! We celebrated you in China, don't worry. No cake, no ice-cream, no pot roast, no salad dressing, but we all smiled and sent good thoughts your way. : )

    Can't wait to see what you get with the Babies R Us gift card!

    ReplyDelete