Saturday, November 10, 2012

Halloween 2012

Lance and I aren't ones to go all out on costumes for Halloween, but this year since I am pregnant I wanted to have a cute costume that I could use my pregnant belly for. I didn't have a whole lot of options to choose from because I wasn't showing very much to begin with. One idea I had came from the movie cast away. Lance would be the Tom Hanks character and I (my belly) would be Wilson the volleyball. I soon realized (from the sweet council of family and friends) my belly wasn't as big as a volleyball should be, so I came up with another idea with the help of my very creative sister-in-law Megan. The idea was to have Lance go as a bank robber and I would go as the bag of money he stole. I thought it was clever and my belly was big enough that it could pull off being a (small) bag of money.

We didn't have any set plans for Halloween parties just ideas for costumes incase plans for parties came up. Lance's work has a Halloween party every year but his boss, who throws the party, was going to be gone so that party didn't happen. We went to a party last year but weren't sure if they were having the party this year until the day before the party.

Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to make our bank robber and money costume so we decided to go as death eaters (from Harry Potter) instead. Lance was able to get the big black robes and wands from his work and I stopped at a Halloween store and picked up the skull masks.

This was the end result....


As soon as we got there I realized the party was more of a family friendly kind of party and our costumes weren't very family friendly, seeing how all the kids there were probably under the age of 4.


Ben was terrified of us when he first saw us, but after we showed who we were he wasn't too scared. Luckily we didn't scare any of the other kids.


Ross and Megan went as the mayhem insurance guy and Flo. Very creative!

Ben and Clara were the tortoise and the hare. Also very creative and cute! 


This little boy was dressed up as a little chicken. It was the cutest costume! The whole family was dressed up as barn yard animals.


Seeing all the cute kids and babies at this Halloween party got me excited for next Halloween when I'll have a bundle of joy to dress up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, you two. Way to go scaring all the little kids! (J/K). Too bad about you not having a big enough belly to dress up as a volleyball--ha! Count your blessings, my darling!!
    You are certainly carrying that baby with grace and poise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutest two death eaters I ever saw.

    ReplyDelete